I am probably a bit late to the goal sharing party but because my kids are on holiday January is generally a time for relaxation, spending time together and preparing for the new year! February is when I will kick back into gear so I am starting to motivate myself by setting some goals for the year.
2016 was a really hard year on so many levels. I don’t think I was particularly balanced at times and that was really hard on all of my relationships. It is difficult to manage your own time and stay balanced and still achieve the things that you want. 2016 was also my first proper year blogging and I feel like I learnt so much more about myself and how I relate to the world around me. It is difficult to be open, it puts you in a place of vulnerability where you could potentially be open for attack. However, I feel like I am getting much stronger in my thoughts and ideas and I think it is really important for us all to be open. We are here for such a short time, it might seem like we have all the time in the world to some but we really don’t. I think it is important to be open and share – whatever it is that you want to share with the world!
Many of my 2017 goals are things that I have blogged about already in the past year. This year I will be working on creating more balance and more time for fun. I used to have a complicated list of categories but I am keeping it really simple this year!
My 2017 categories are:
I swapped out the word career for creativity – a lot of my career goals are also creative goals! 😉
I thought I would pick 1-2 from each category to share:
– Get back on track with meditation: It started to get too difficult so I stopped but I want to start again doing 10 minutes per day.
– Yoga teacher training: I really want to do my yoga teacher training towards the end of the year. I have not researched yet what is available but I think it would be great to bring that knowledge to EY Mag!
– Trail running: This is something that I have wanted to do for ages. I am not really a fan of running on concrete I think it is such a hard surface for all of your joints. I really love running in the bush and being able to see beautiful things at the same time. This is a new interest that I also plan to share with my husband.
– 5 AM club: I still regularly get up at 5 am although I don’t do it every day – you have to listen to your body! This year I want to develop more consistency with this habit as well as getting to bed earlier and working on creating a really relaxing evening routine.
– Water filter: Clean water is so important without all of the added nasties. Our bodies are at least 60% water! I want to install a water filter in our kitchen asap and be drinking a lot more water every day.
– Pimp out car: We want to get our new family car sorted for lots of adventures. Bike carrier, proper pod attachment, music etc.
– Konmari/decluttering: Starting again from the start! My kids have way too many crafts/toys so I will try and involve them to also make space.
– Garden: I want to try growing some sprouts inside and more salad greens outside.
– Family holiday: We want to save and plan for a family holiday towards the end of the year.
– Family meeting: I have scheduled half an hour on a Sunday afternoon to have a family meeting. I think it is really important to stay connected and communicating as a family.
– Fun with my daughter: Ideally once a month I want to take my daughter out to something fun and creative. It is good to spend time alone together and she is very artsy and creative and I want to make sure that we are exposing her to new and interesting things!
– Market EY Mag: Launch social media beg. Feb when my kids are back at school.
– Work routine: I want to create a good routine for work and still create time for balance and time to myself.
– See new things: I want to plan more interesting things into my week. Just because I work from home does not mean that I always have to be at home! I want to create more space to exercise/run new places, work new places, visit interesting things and take in new inspiration.
– Cash budget: I am thinking about trying out a cash budget. It is too easy to overspend with cards but then it is so much easier to track spending online with your bank acct.
Do you have any interesting New Years goals that you would like to share? Please let me know in the comments 🙂
(Photo: Brigitte Tohm)